Data Protection Declaration
Responsible body within the meaning of data protection laws, in particular the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (DSGVO):
sternkopf-consulting ug (limited liability)
Security and Protection of your Data
We consider it our primary task to maintain the confidentiality of the personal data provided by you and to protect it from unauthorized access. We therefore exercise the utmost care and apply state-of-the-art security standards to ensure maximum protection of your personal data.
As a company under private law, we are subject to the provisions of the European Basic Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO) and the provisions of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that the regulations on data protection are observed both by us and by our external service providers.
Lawfulness of the Processing
The processing of personal data is only lawful if there is a legal basis for the processing. According to Article 6 (1) lit. 1 – 6 DSGVO, the legal basis for the processing can in particular be:
- The data subject has given his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the request of the data subject;
- the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of the controller or of a third party, except where the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require the protection of personal data, are overridden, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Collection of Data when using our Website
When using the website for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
In order to protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods such as SSL over HTTPS.
Extended Functions and Offers on our Website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) In addition, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. You will receive further information on this when you enter your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
When you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective.
If you contact us by e-mail or contact form, you give us your voluntary consent for the purpose of establishing contact. For this purpose, a valid e-mail address is required. This is used to assign the request and then answer it. The information provided will be stored for the purpose of processing the enquiry and for any follow-up questions. Your data can also be stored in a customer relationship management system (CRM system).
Personal data will be deleted after your request has been dealt with.
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it will be shortened. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are shortened for further processing, which excludes the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you is related to a person, this is excluded immediately and the personal data is deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and to improve it regularly. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
(6) Third Party Information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Overview about Privacy: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data”.
In addition to or as an alternative to the browser add-on, you can prevent tracking by Google Analytics on our pages by clicking [google_analytics_optout]this link.[/google_analytics_optout] An opt-out cookie will be installed on your device. This will prevent Google Analytics from collecting cookies for this website and this browser in the future as long as the cookie remains installed in your browser.
Google Webfonts – Script Libraries
In order to present the contents of our website in an appealing way, we use font libraries from Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/). These web fonts are transferred to your browser’s cache to avoid multiple loading. If the browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a standard font.
Use of web analytics services, social networking plug-ins and third-party services
Facebook plugins (Like & Share button)
Our pages include plugins from the social network Facebook, provider Facebook Inc, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA. You can recognize the Facebook plugins by the Facebook logo or the “Like” button on our page. An overview of the Facebook plugins can be found here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
If you do not want Facebook to associate your visit to our pages with your Facebook account, please log out of your Facebook account.
Use of Google Maps
Purpose and legal basis
This website uses Google Maps API to display geographical information visually. This is our legitimate interest in a visually appealing website in accordance with Art 6 Para 1 lit f DSGVO.
Scope of data collection
For statistical recording and evaluation of user flows, this website stores anonymous user data such as the IP address via the WordPress plugin “WP-Statistics”. The data will not be passed on to third parties. The anonymous IP addresses transmitted within the framework of tracking are not merged with other data.
Use of the Website by Children
Our offer is aimed at adults. Persons under the age of 18 should not transmit any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or legal guardians.
Rights of Affected People
- Revocation of your consent
If the processing of personal data is based on a given consent, you have the right to revoke the consent at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of consent until revocation.
- Right to confirmation
You have the right to request confirmation from the person responsible as to whether we process personal data relating to you. You can request confirmation at any time using the above contact details.
- Right about being informed
- Right to rectification
- Right to cancellation (“right to be forgotten”)
- Right to limitation of processing
- Right to data transferability
- right of objection
- Automated decisions in individual cases including profiling
- Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- Right to an effective judicial remedy
We reserve the right to adapt this data protection declaration so that it always corresponds to the current legal requirements or to implement changes to our services in the data protection declaration, e.g. when introducing new services. Your renewed visit will then be subject to the new data protection declaration.
Last Update 25.05.2018